Sunday, May 3, 2009

EASTER FOUR

Jesus Christ is Risen
He is risen indeed
Halleluiah

a prayer

The tale is told, the deed was done, 
the Christ was killed, but rose again. 
And now we know the words to say, 
Christ is the truth, the life, the way. 

Eternal God, 
  we commit ourselves to that way, 
  we crave that life, 
  we hunger after that truth. 
  We pray our days 
  are touched by both 
  cross-shadow and resurrection-light: 
  love and hope 
  at the base of our belief, 
  the pain and purpose 
  at the root of our faith, 
  the cost and gift 
  at the heart of our calling. 
  In Christ's name. 
Amen. [from “Seasons and Celebrations”]

a verse or two

“11 For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. 12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. 13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, 14I will let you find me, says the LORD." Jeremiah 29: 11 – 14a

Spiritual Walk and Musings: “Being with God”

Hey it’s good to be back. On Monday morning I enjoyed driving down Queen St to church, smiling while waiting behind a queue of 4 cars at the roundabout. Oh, the pleasant slow pace after the craziness of the Gold Coast. Arrh it’s good to be home.

I am thinking about the part in verse 13 above, “you will find me if you seek me with all your heart”. It is a real buzz to be with God. To know that God is present. The reading implies that to be aware of that closeness of God to our being, we need to seek Him with all our heart! While at the theme parks on holiday we would queue (sometimes for a long time) for a short ride that gave a short lived buzz. 

Why is it we are prepared to queue for hours for short lived buzzes but struggle to seek God with all our heart and in turn miss out on the buzz that is beyond all buzzes – it even buzzes the unbuzzable? 

I love you guys - Jon 

To Pray and Ponder: A prayer of praise

Let all the earth cry out to God with joy. Alleluia. 
Bless our God, you peoples, 
loudly sound his praise; 
He has given life to our souls, 
and has not let our feet slip. 
Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
[Ps 66: 1, 8-9, 1] 
Sing a prayer of praise to God this day. 
For He has given us life, and meaning, 
and being and much more. 
Oh praise His name all folk of St. David’s

No comments:

Post a Comment